Sunday, June 21, 2009

U-BLOG 6 Facebook is officially lame

I have a question, do you guys miss the old facebook? I know I do. The concept is still the same but it's just not the same. Facebook use to be exclusive, now everybody and there mama is on there. It really didnt matter what kinds of pictures, content, and information you put on your profile because it was a select group of people who would see it. You didnt care about what those people thought about your profile but now companies are basing whether or not your going to get hired, off your facebook page. I really dont think thats cool. A couple years ago only people from 18-25 years of age knew about facebook and many people in that age group werent aware of it. Now businesses and all kinds of entitys are members of facebook. So there is no telling who will access your profile.I know you can put private security settings on your account but its ways around that. Does anybody feel the same way I do?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. I remember when it was just college students. Then they added high school and I was kinda skeptical about that. Now everybody and anybody can get on facebook. How would it look for somebody mama messaging you on facebook? Not good. And I heard about the companies basing whether they are going to hire you off of your facebook pages or at least they let the contents of the page effect their decision. If there goal was to get college students not to get on it as much as they used to, then they probably achieved that goal.

    ReplyDelete