Friday, June 26, 2009

Metacognitive Blog 9

Metacognitive means knowledge about one's own thinking or knowledge of your own thoughts and the factors that influence your thinking. I want to reminisce about a couple of my blogs pertaining to the facebook topics. The first blog I gave my personal opinion about the new facebook and how I liked the original better. My very next blog I found an article talking about how a company wants potential employees to give up all their social network passwords for interview purposes. After seeing that article my discomfort with the new facebook increased, significantly. I think that is unnecessary and invasion of privacy. Do you want my password for my debit card, email, and code to my house too! Example why this is stupid, Facebook implements security features so people can have at least 5% of privacy on the web. Because once you put your pictures and information on the web, especially social networks, its public and out there. Anybody can see it! Just yesterday facebook added a security feature that allows you to have more control over who can see your postings on the site. They launched a beta version of its updated Facebook Publisher tool, which adds a privacy control feature designed to let users pick and choose who can see their posts. Now whats the point of having a team at facebook dedicated to enhance security, when Companies, businesses and employers are going to make people, who don't even work there yet, give up their passwords! To all there personal social network affiliations, that's crazy.........but still, even though how wrong this is I would still give up mine to land that job lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment